Alabama Women's Hall of Fame

Alabama Women's Hall of Fame
Street address: 

Judson College
Marion, AL 36756

Open M–F 8–4, Sat. by appt.

P.O. Box 120
Marion, AL 36756


Bronze plaques in honor of women who made significant contributions on a state, national or international level during their lifetime.

Located in the beautifully restored A. Howard Bean Hall, the Alabama Women’s Hall of Fame establishes a permanent place of honor for Alabama’s most outstanding women, including Helen Adams Keller, Julia Sturdwick Tutwiler, and Tallulah Bankhead.


Mobility Impaired (elevators, toilet access from front of wheelchair, support bars for toilets, seating areas for wheelchair users)

Related attractions

Organized in 1869 by freed slaves and the American Missionary Association soon after the Civil War. This present church building was constructed 1871 by members and friends of the church under the direction of T.C. Stewart, architect and contractor.  
Alabama's only Baptist women's college, established in 1838. Home of Alabama Women's Hall of Fame in Bean Hall.
While teaching here in 1861, Prussian-born artist Nicola Marschall designed the first national flag of the Confederate States of America, \The Stars and Bars.\" Itt was officially adopted by the Confederate States of America on March 4
1800s plantation owned by same family since 1819. Country store, smokehouse, log cotton seed house. Weaving, carriage and tenant houses. Blacksmith shop, grist mill, barns, more. 6 mi./9.5 km west of Marion.
Built 1910. Restored 1998. Serves as Chamber office and visitor information center.
Encompassing almost 5 acres, this 1840s home serves as the only Gothic style house in Marion and one of the last in Alabama. It was one the home of Alabama governor Andrew Barry Moore’s daughter.
Built as an office building in the early 1830’s, it later was used as a printing office for The Alabama Baptist. Located now on the campus of Judson College, its restoration will eventually reflect a 19th century newspaper office.
Founded by Alabama Baptist in 1842 as an all-male school, it became Marion Military Institute in 1888. Several buildings predate 1861.