Enterprise Train Depot

Enterprise Museum
Street address: 

106 Railroad St,

Enterprise, AL 36330


Line railroad built the Enterprise Train Depot in 1903. Its steam locomotives become the city's gateway to adventure. Its tracks moved progress and industrial opportunity.

Much of the depot's history remains untouched. None of the interior has changed. The passenger waiting room still holds an authentic bench and an original ticket booth. A sign still marks the train schedule from 1948. The station master's log book sat open just like it did a century ago.

The property was restored externally to its original appearance. Building additions were added to the Enterprise train depot in 1916 and 1997.

Museum collection

  • medicines from 19th century
  • military uniforms
  • original Boll Weevil statue e.t.c..

Related attractions

Dedicated to Army aviators, whose gallantry and devotion to duty ensure America’s freedom.
World’s only monument to a pest. In 1915, boll weevils devoured two-thirds of Coffee County’s cotton crop, forcing local farmers to diversify. Monument is proud reminder of destructive insect that helped Enterprise prosper.
Located in 3 rooms of 65-year-old house. Peanut, high cotton and cotton blossom soaps and lotions, skin care products.
Serves as rest stop. Replica of early 19th-century log home. Brochures and maps available. Guides on hand to answer questions and give tour of Little Red Schoolhouse nearby.
8 antique shops boasting wide variety of items. Call Chamber for brochure or information.
Lighted walking trails, children's playground area, scenic lake, picnic pavilion.
Schoolhouse replica is letter-perfect, with desks, schoolbooks, chalkboards, pot-bellied stove and other nostalgic reminders of rural American schools.
Old railroad station contains many artifacts relating to area.
Downtown society library of historical and genealogical items, gift shop.
Oldest standing home in Coffee County. Built by slaves in 1852 for Matthew Brunson, who died after being finned by a catfish in Pea River. He was buried in the attic of the house.
Residential golf community. Public welcome. Number of holes: 18 Par: 72 Championship Yardage: 6800 yds.
UH-1 helicopter donated by US Army Aviation Center, Fort Rucker. Around the base is the \Walk of Generals\" featuring plaques honoring commanding generals of Fort Rucker."
Enterprise landmark since built in 1903. Remodeled 1928, and enlarged from original small, 2-story brick structure.
Roller skating, jump shot, rock wall, glow golf, pool, and arcade games are just a few fun activities you can do in this fun factory for kids ages 5 to 100! Parties